[Last updated June 2019]
In this agreement, references to ‘Reeves Taxation’ and ‘Blade Bookkeeping’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ means Reeves Taxation and Business Services Pty Ltd (ABN 12 084 380 781) also Trading as Blade Bookkeeping PO Box 491, Elsternwick, VIC, 3185, Australia.
Our ‘website’ means www.bladebookkeeping.com.au, and any other websites, platforms or social media sites or blogs operated by us (‘website’). You can contact us at admin @ reevestaxation.com.au.
References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ means you as the person or legal entity using our website or services.
‘Personal information’ is information that directly identifies you, such as your name and email address, or data that could be used, on its own or in combination with other data, to identify you.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purpose of letting you know about our products and services or providing requested services to you. You may receive updates from us from time to time. Other than as disclosed in this policy, we do not share, sell or give away access to the personal information you provide to us.
We take your privacy seriously and have developed this policy so you can easily see what information we collect about you, how we use your information, who we share it with, how we keep it safe and what your rights are.
Staying Anonymous You can browse our website anonymously (although cookies may identify your IP address). If you identify yourself to us, at that point we will collect your personal information. Due to the nature of the services we offer, if we enter into a service agreement with you (at your request) we will necessarily collect personal information about you.
Collecting Personal Information
At all times we aim to only collect the minimum information we need for the services we are providing. For example, if you sign up to our marketing newsletter, we will collect and use your email address for sending you our marketing information. As you would expect, the more involved you are with us, the more information about you we will collect.
- The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, for example:
- when you contact us
- when you submit information to our website
- when you enter into an agreement to use our services and provide us information about you or your business
- when you ask for access to information we hold about you and we need to identify you first
You agree that we may retain any of your personal information indefinitely, although we are not obliged to do so.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing list at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our email. If for any reason this does not work, and you still receive information from us, please email us at [email protected] and we will fix this for you.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided for other transactions such as purchases and bookkeeping or other services.
Collecting information from third parties
As discussed above, we collect personal information about you when you give it to us and when it is collected by our website however we may also collect personal information that is given to us or made available to us by third parties (for example, information that is on a publicly maintained record or that you have made available on a public platform). We may also receive information about you from your accountant, the ATO and your own financial management system (eg Xero), if you give us access to these sources.
Data may be collected from third parties including analytics providers like Google, advertising networks including Facebook, information providers including Google and providers of technical, payment and delivery services, including data brokers or aggregators. Most of this information does not specifically identify you.
We will not intentionally collect personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
Collecting sensitive information
We do not intentionally collect sensitive information about you and request you do not provide it to us. Sensitive information includes information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal history.
Reviews or Testimonials
If you provide us with a review or testimonial, you give us your consent for the use of your name, likeness, product you are reviewing and the date of service delivery to be displayed on our website or in our other marketing material, together with the content of the testimonial that you provide. We may use all or part of the information you provide and may edit your testimonial but will only do so if the edit does not change the meaning of what you have said. We may store and/or use your review for as long as the information is relevant to our business.
Social Networking Services and links to other websites
You can connect with us via our social media pages eg Facebook and LinkedIn. We may provide links to other websites or use social networking services to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we try not to collect your personal information. Sometimes, platforms like Facebook make some information automatically available to us and we generally try not to store this information. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes and have their own privacy policies. You should become familiar with the privacy policies of any service you use.
We use a range of tools provided by third parties including our website host, third party service providers and search engine browsers to collect or view traffic and site access information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes. Third party providers have their own privacy policies. We may also use tracking pixels, cookies and session tools to improve your experience when accessing our online services.
The data collected by cookies does not usually identify you but could be combined with other information to identify you. If we identify you using information from cookies, we may use that information to track how you use our online services and send you information more specific to your needs, or to invite you to purchase our services.
The kind of information that will be collected includes:
- device specific information such as mobile network information
- server logs including your IP address, the times you use our services and system activity
- location information including IP address, GPS, and Wi-Fi access points
- local storage availability
We use the information to help to track your use of our online services to improve your user experience and the quality of our services.
Some of the cookies we use may be for targeted advertising. To find out how to opt out of tailored advertising please check the options available here – http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- In summary, the personal information we collect about you is used:to verify your identity
- to enable you to use our services
- to complete our obligations in delivering the services we have agreed to provide
- to process orders, registrations and enquiries
- to provide you access to our blog
- to provide you with information about events, products and services that may interest you
- to provide you with personalised service or special opportunities
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our online services
- to run promotions (if any)
- to facilitate our internal business operations
- to improve our products or services and in planning new products or services
- to conduct market research surveys
- to monitor compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
With your consent or at your request:
- we will submit your financial information (for example, regular BAS) to the Australian Taxation Office to meet your reporting obligations.
- we may share your contact information with third party organisations who offer products or services that may be of interest to you (if you agree to receive such information).
We may also disclose your information to:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
- Carefully selected third party suppliers we engage as sub-contractors for bookkeeping services such as Xero reconciliations and preparation of draft financial documents. Again, we require them to only use your information to provide the services we have requested.
- Payment third parties if there is a dispute over a payment. For example, if Pinch Payments contacts us regarding a dispute over a payment, we will provide Pinch Payments with user activity information such as IP address and activity linked to the IP address, billing details on our system etc to allow the payment dispute to be resolved.
- Professional advisers including accountants, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties where we are required to in accordance with the law.
- We reserve the right to fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring or requesting us to disclose the identity or other usage details of any user of our online services, or in accordance with a properly executed court order, or as otherwise required to do so by law.
Security and overseas recipients
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure to industry standards however no system can be 100% secure and we are not responsible for loss you may suffer should your personal information be unlawfully accessed. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. For example, we use Infusionsoft as our client manager and their storage/ datacentres are in the United States. Not all countries have the same level of privacy protection as Australia. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your data across international borders
Third Party Links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request copies of the information we hold about you, which will only be provided electronically. You can also make a request to amend or correct the information we hold about you. We will need to identify you prior to discussing any information we hold about you. If we do not agree with your requested change, we will keep a copy of your request with our information and will let you know. Please send any requests about your personal information to [email protected]
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please and let us know what the problem is by email to the above address. We will respond to your concerns within 30 days.
If you are not happy with how we manage your concerns, you can contact the Australian Privacy Commission, available at http://www.oaic.gov.au.